1.3.0 is Atmosphère’s sixty-fourth official release. Who doesn’t love round numbers?
Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.3.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.
Please note: Atmosphère 1.3.0 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.
- If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
- 1.3.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.3.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.1, and hbmenu 3.5.0.
The following was changed since the last release:
- Support was added for 14.0.0.
- mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
- erpt was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
- pm was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
- fatal was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
- A mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports was added.
- When booting, if the console has more than 1000 reports inside /atmosphere/erpt_reports, the folder will be cleaned to empty.
- This behavior can be disabled by setting erpt!disable_automatic_report_cleanup = u8!0x1 in system_settings.ini.
- Atmosphère’s build system was re-written, and now allows globally building for various builds/configs.
- All boards now automatically support release/debugging/auditing targets; it is now possible to build a full debugging/auditing build of atmosphère for the first time.
- Support was added for compiling libstratosphère to run on PC.
- The currently implemented/tested targets are Windows (x64), Linux (x64, arm64), macOS (x64, arm64).
- If you are a developer interested in adding support for another target, please reach out to SciresM#0524 on discord.
- This is intended to finally allow sanely testing Atmosphère’s code, by allowing most of it to run on a PC (with access to a debugger) instead of on game console hardware.
- In addition, this will allow making PC tools which reuse code written for Atmosphère directly..
- Please Note: This has no relation to interacting with official software on PC whatsoever. This really allows for making tests and self-contained atmosphère-based command-line tools; the Atmosphère project continues to have zero interest in attempting to run official software of any kind.
- In the course of adding this support (and working on tooling using it), a number of fairly major revisions were made to stratosphere (particularly surrounding filesystem code).
- Please Note: A number of changes made for this (and ones necessary in the process of adding support for 14.0.0) are api-breaking.
- If you’re a developer and any of this caused your code to break, please feel free to contact SciresM#0524 for help updating your program.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.3, please see the official release notes.