J-K-D vient de mettre à jour son utilitaire permettant l’extraction/injection de vos sauvegardes Switch, palliant ainsi à la pauvreté d’options du firmware original. Deux versions se sont suivies à un jour d’intervalle, la première avec un changelog long comme le bras, la seconde pour ajouter encore deux/trois petites choses. L’expérience utilisateur s’en voit grandement améliorée, avec un certain nombre d’ajustements et ajouts d’options.
- Adds Traditional Chinese support back thanks to @qazrfv1234
- Fixes output paths/title definitions not being read after initial import of old configurations
- Separates trash bin into sub folders so trashed backups aren’t impossible to find.
UI has been reworked heavily:
- All users on the system are now loaded regardless of whether they have save data or not.
- Pressing X while user select is active will open the user options menu. The highlighted user is the target.
- Dump All For X dumps all saves for that user
- Create Save data opens a sub menu and creates save data for the target user.
- Cache saves need an index number and to be expanded before import. I’ll be working on automatically doing this later.
- Create All Save Data creates all save for every title found on the system
- Delete All User Saves Deletes all save data for the target user
Title Select Changes
- All titles should be loaded now. Even ones that haven’t been run yet.
- Some options and features have been moved to a sub menu:
- Information is the same information that was previously displayed when selecting a folder.
- Blacklist adds the highlighted title to your blacklist
- Change Output Folder changes the folder save data for the targeted writes too. This is the same as using title definitions is previous versions. The folder is renamed for you.
- Open in file mode is the same as using file mode in previous versions. Minus exits file mode for now.
- Delete All Save Backups will clear all backups for the target game.
- Reset Save Data will reset you save as if the game was never run before.
- Delete Save Data will delete the save data just as in Data Management
- Extend Save Data will increase the storage size of the target game.
Folder Select Changes
- Folder selection is no longer a separate screen, instead just a slide out menu.
- Empty Trash Bin empties the trash folder. Trash Bin feature can be enabled and disabled further down this menu.
- Check for Updates checks for the extremely rare JKSV update.
- Set JKSV Save Output Folder sets the folder JKSV writes saves to.
- Edit Blacklisted Titles allows you to finally remove titles from your blacklist without editing text files.
- Delete All Save Backups clears all save backups for all games. Basically a reset without losing configuration or folders.
- Animation Scale changes how fast the new UI animates. 1 is instant, 8 is extremely slow.
- Other settings remain the same. Legacy config and files should be loaded and removed by JKSV without any intervention needed from the user.
Under the hood stuff
- Even if
Export to ZIPis disabled, adding
.zipto the end of a file name will force compression to be used.
.ziphas been added to the dictionary suggestions. For people who only want to use it for certain titles.
- A trash bin folder has been added. If trash is enabled, deleted backups will be sent to the
_TRASH_folder instead of being permanently deleted. This is likely to change in the future to separate different titles.
- Various functions are threaded now to allow the UI to update the screen.
- JKSV will no longer export or import empty zips, folders, or saves. This fixes a crash when trying to import empty zip files, doesn’t allow saves to be accidentally wiped anymore, and cuts down heavily on empty mass backup files and folders.
- Headers for zip files have been fixed.
- Log file is no longer kept open allowing FTP to access JKSV’s work directory while it’s still running.
- Backup JKSV Folder in extras now trims the paths in the ZIP and ignores anything that isn’t a save folder.
- Dictionary suggestions and predictions have been fixed thanks to @zand who caught a buffer overflow issue I missed.
- Journal space is used when deciding when to commit save data.
Notes and future plans/improvements
- Actual icons instead of generated ones for system users
- Possibly cloud backup
- Master lists of title definitions to replace title ID folders which will be downloaded and customized for the user.
- This release is nro and English only. I need to find where I put the stuff to build the nsp and old translations are completely incompatible with this release.
As usual, report issues on git. Updates will be issued for major bugs and translations. There may be other changes I missed and the readme will be updated soon.