0.11.0 is Atmosphère’s twenty-ninth official release.
fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.11.0.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 0.11.0 is bundled with hbl 2.3.1, and hbmenu 3.3.0.
Please note: Atmosphère 0.11.0 is currently in pre-release.
- If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
- 0.11.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
The following was changed since the last release:
- Support was added for 10.0.0.
- Exosphere has been updated to reflect the new key import semantics in 10.0.0.
- kernel_ldr now implements physical ASLR for the kernel’s backing pages.
- Loader, NCM, and PM have been updated to reflect the changes Nintendo made in 10.0.0.
- Creport was updated to use the new pgl service to terminate processes instead of ns:dev.
- A reimplementation of the erpt (error reports) system module was added.
- In previous versions of Atmosphere, a majority of error reports were prevented via a combination of custom creport, fatal, and stubbed eclct.
- However, error reports were still generated via some system actions.
- Most notably, any time the error applet appeared, an error report was generated.
- By default, atmosphere disabled the uploading of error reports, but going online in OFW after an error report occurred in Atmosphere could lead to undesirable telemetry.
- Atmosphere’s erpt reimplementation allows the system to interact with existing error reports as expected.
- However, all new error reports are instead saved to the sd card (/atmosphere/erpt_reports), and are not committed to the system savegame.
- Users curious about what kind of telemetry is being prevented can view the reports as they’re generated in there.
- Reports are saved as msgpack (as this is what Nintendo uses).
- Please note, not all telemetry is disabled. Play reports and System reports will continue to function unmodified.
- With atmosphere’s erpt implementation, homebrew can now use the native error applet to display errors without worrying about generating undesirable telemetry.
- libstratosphere and libvapours received a number of improvements.
- With thanks to @Adubbz for his work, the NCM namespace now has client code.
- This lays the groundwork for first-class system update/downgrade homebrew support in the near future.
- In particular, code implementing the os namespace is significantly more accurate.
- In addition, Nintendo’s allocators were implemented, allowing for identical memory efficiency versus Nintendo’s implementations.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 0.11, please see the official release notes.